Photography is the art of writing with light to create expressive images.
Ecology is the science of the interrelationship of nature’s diversity.
A Safari is a journey.
For our unique private island photo ecotours, we are part location scouts, part local island guides offering insights about the island’s history, geography, culture, native flora, and part photo instructors, offering fine art photography exercises in the field. The summation of which is a great adventure in photography and beautiful nature experience.
All tours are private and will be just for you and your party. Our friendly and knowledgeable Photo Eco Tour Guides will pick you up from your hotel or residence in luxury 4×4 SUV’s and will share their knowledge of the islands’ geographic and cultural history en route to a few of the islands most scenic spots. At the end of your fabulous trip our guides will return you back to your hotel or residence. While touring scenic locations, your guide will offer insights into the world of photography with creative photo exercises, a safari for light and the creative elements of the fine art photograph.
- Visit the islands most scenic locations!
- Private & customizable experience
- Door-to-door service
- Luxury SUV travel throughout your trip
- Fine-art photography guidance in authentic Hawaiian settings
- Knowledgeable and friendly guides to offer insights en route
- Kids & friends join at no additional cost
- Pick up times are flexible based on your preference
- No special equipment required - you can just use your phone or regular camera!
- Special equipment can be rented, if desired
- No rush & no schedule – we go at your pace!
- Drinks (coconut water, water, green tea) and light snacks (granola bars, cliff bars, fresh fruit) provided on all tours.
- Taste of the Island encouraged for lunch and snacks – no soggy picnic sandwiches!
- Umbrellas and plastic rain protection for camera equipment provided when necessary.
TOUR PRICING & LOGISTICS
To offer the best value for a private tour on all the Hawaiian islands, all of our prices are per vehicle instead of per person, for 1 to 5 persons per vehicle.
Half Day “Light Chaser” - $650
- Pick Up Time – 9:00 AM, but is customizable based on your personal preference.
- Sunrise Tour Pick Up Time – 5:30 AM
- Duration – 3.5 to 4 hours. Everyone’s pace is a little different, but we generally account 1.5 hours round trip of drive time and 2 hours on location at scenic nature spots.
Full Day “Island Explorer” – $1050
- Pick Up Time – 8:00 AM, but is customizable based on your personal preference.
- Duration – 8 to 12 hours. We usually circumnavigate a portion of the island and visit a variety of locations en route. We don’t rush and are not on a schedule. We go at our own pace to enjoy a spectacular day, and try to get in a beautiful sunset when possible.
- There will be a stop at a local restaurant for lunch.
2-Day Trailblazer Tours – $1,950
- Contact us for more details.
Island Hopper Tours – $1,950 (Includes airfare for 2 people. Additional $200 for each person thereafter.)
- Contact us for more details.
All prices are subject to additional Hawaii State Tax of 4.6% for Maui, Kauai, Lanai, Big Island and 4.712% for Oahu, and gratuity is not included, but encouraged.
What To Bring
- Closed-toe walking shoes
- A lightweight, long sleeve shirt
- Pants also recommended, although shorts and t-shirt are okay.
- The activity is subject to cancellation due to weather.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- Meals are not included in the price.
- The activity schedule and/or itinerary is subject to change at our guide’s discretion.
- Participation agreement is required for signature before commencement of the tour.
As long as the tour is cancelled 24 hours prior to the tour, you may receive a full refund for Light Chaser, Island Explorer, & 2-Day Trailblazer tours. No refunds will be granted if tour is canceled within 24 hours. For Island Hopper, multi-island tours, a 72 hour cancellation is required for partial refunds, and the airfare portion of the tour will not be refunded. We reserve the right to cancel and/or modify the activity based on our assessment of the weather and other safety considerations.
Got questions? We have answers!